A LITTLE ABOUT ME
Here is a little about me...
Hello! My name is Jacintha Payne, but you can call me Jazz.
I have a background in...well...a little bit of everything! I've lived in Pennsylvania, Florida, and Kentucky. I've worked in retail management, cosmetology, event planning, office management, customer service, and hospitality services. I've hired, fired, coached, trained, managed budgets, traveled, planned, merchandised, made close friends, laughed, cried, and most of all - had a lot of fun!
All these experiences have given me unique perspectives and ideas - ideas that I hope will encourage and inspire you and the others who come across this blog.
I currently get to spend my days caring for my darling son. I am the owner and designer of this blog. I love spending my days with my family, reading, and finding new ways to make Emet laugh. I am also in the process of finishing my undergraduate degree, which I have been working on for what seems like all of my life. But, to be honest, I wouldn't have any other way.
I am married to Calvin Payne. He is a director of event productions and technology, co-designer of JacinthaPayne.com, and working towards his PhD. We started dating in June of 2004 then got married in January of 2008. It has been such a wonderful journey to grow up together. He is truly my dearest friend.
We have the sweetest little boy, named Emet (#ECSP16). He brings so much joy and laughter to my life. My goodness, I love the child ever so much! I love that I get to share my days with him.
Calvin and I have a dog named Monica (#CuteMooCow). She is the most affectionate dog I've ever known and is always ready for an adventure.
We've recently relocated to Kentucky, from a small bungalow in Florida (#BungalowDon).
Some people say you should focus on one thing and become an expert in that field. But I love doing too many things to focus on just one and I get so much enjoyment from each of them. I've created this blog as a place where I can continue to grow, learn, and share all that I do.
- I love the Lord with all my heart and desire to know the Scriptures better than anything else.
- I love spending time with my darling family. We prefer doing everything together - weekly grocery shopping, playing trains with our son, putting music to every activity, spending time with friends, traveling, or sharing a cozy day together in our home. It's always better when we are together.
- I love white and clean, but also equally love color and character. My goal is to find unique ways to mix both of these things together.
- I love getting lost in nature, whether it's resting at the beach, climbing in the mountains, or walking in the park.
- I love continued learning. I have taken one class a semester for as long as I can remember and have no intention of stopping. I love reading and adding new books to our home library.
- I love doing life with friends. I hold friendships very dear to my heart. I am deeply thankful for lifelong friendships - the ones that you know will be a part of your life forever.
- I love coffee (a little too much).
- I love capturing and saving my favorite moments with photos. My goal is to catch the fun and joy in each moment, whether it's those I love, places I go, or exciting projects. My goal is to find beauty in everything.
- I love making a house a home. I love the art of interior design, and I thrive on the challenge of taking a space and making it warm and cozy with creative and innovative ways - all while staying within a budget.
- I love finding ways to organize my life. I love Daytimers, binders, Tupperware containers, and labels!
- I love traveling, exploring new places, and going to new restaurants. Basically, I want to see everything!
- I love cooking almost as much as eating! I enjoy good food and exciting flavors.
- I love the show FRIENDS - so much that I basically think they are my real friends. :)
I'd love to hear from you and get to know you! Thanks for reading!
| Credits: Author - Jacintha Payne; Photography - Calvin and Jacintha Payne and Ali Marsh |
Follow me here: